Monday, December 28, 2009

G-scale for rating movies

I plan to rate movies here from time to time and I find it useful to use a rating scale (and fun), so since I have a very useful one for rating anime, I'll convert that for movie rating.

Here are the numbers and reasoning taken from the Z-scale for rating anime created by my friend and modified to apply to movies by me. Note that it goes from 0-10 vice 1-10 so that 5 will be the absolute average. For people who prefer the short and sweet type ratings I've placed those to fall between their corresponding number range...

WORST EVER
0 – Obviously an absolutely terrible abortion of movie.
AWEFUL
1 - Horrible movie in almost every way.
BAD
2 – Just plain bad. Boring, horrible story, ugly cinematography, piss poor acting, etc.
WEAK
3 – Bad. An movie you might want to skip, but just might be worth watching to laugh at it.
NOT REALLY GOOD
4 – Disliked. Not all that bad, but it had more things to dislike about it than it had things to like.
SO-SO
5 – Neutral; didn’t like or dislike it.
DECENT
6 – Not bad. More things found to be enjoyable than not.
GOOD
7 – Good movie. Interesting during most of it and you are happy that you watched it.
VERY GOOD
8 – A pretty good movie. It was enjoyable in pretty much every way.
EXCELLENT
9 – Great movie. It kept you excited the entire time, and you loved it.
MASTERPIECE
10 – Absolutely amazing and pretty much flawless. It was enjoyable in every way possible.

I will hotlink this scale to the side panel for when it drops off the front page here.



No comments: