Sunday, December 27, 2009

Experimentation

I'm not talking about the stuff you did in your teen years, I'm talking about my own lifestyle. I am an alcoholic in the sense that I usually really badly want a beer at the end of the day. Sounds normal right? Well that costs money. Furthermore, I also drink anywhere from six to eight diet Pepsi's a day solely for the caffeine. That costs money too.

Christmas came and although I can take deep pride in myself for paying cash only for all the stuff I bought (high falutin' electronical stuff at that!), I am now extremely broke and cannot afford that Pepsi and beer.

So I conned myself into thinking, "What a wonderful opportunity to release myself from this dependency!" Today is the day after the first full day without either of these products.

Of course, I could not go cold turkey on the Pepsi. Caffeine is a harsh mistress, and a complete withdrawal form it would produce massive headache, which I learned of early on on life. Thus I needed a substitute of lesser strength to see me through the initial purging of the substance. I am now drinking two cups (mixed with two cups water) of green tea. I like the bitter taste of the tea which also helps eliminate the beer craving.

I am by no means a slender man, and want to tackle my weight problem next. It came as no surprise, however that I gained an extra two pounds as I have suplimented the remainder of my liquid intake with water. I suspect that that will subside and start to decrease once I begin eating less due to the removal of chemicals from my body that I have suspected for quite some time to be causing an increase in appetite found within the Pepsi.

All that being said, I want to document my progress here as well as other lifestyle changes which I plan to implement in the near future.

Later...

- posted via 3G...

No comments: