
It's bizarre that toward the end of this contention I'm in, some sort of logic about it jumps out of an anime I'm watching. Well, to be honest, I can only speculate on what applies to the other side of this quarrel; it certainly does not apply to me, but I got this feeling when it came at me.
It's from Welcome th the NHK, an anime about a shut-in guy and the hilarity and drama that ensues when various friends try to get him to re-join the real world. In this scene, Satou-kun is wallowing in self doubt within a darkened apartment and various friends visit him in his mind with the following being some of their messages for him.
"Satou-kun, it's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. "
"That's why he searches for sombody who is more miserable than himself."
That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person turn to the internet and call each other losers, even thought they've never met just to make themselves feel superior."
"Isn't that pathetic?"
"There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else."
I put as much in as was required to maintain the context. Now, I don't subscribe to what these characters are saying, but given what I've seen on the internet myself, and the current state of affairs here...well, I'm not saying it, I'm just saying...
No comments:
Post a Comment