Sunday, January 17, 2010

Most Awesome Actress

That would be Sandra Bullock. I usually do not choose favorites of anything because as soon as you do that usually changes. I have to break that rule inre Sandra Bullock.






Last night she won jointly for Best Actress with Meryl Streep at the Critic's Choice Awards. She also spearheads disaster relief efforts whenever there is a major disaster around the world, this time donating $1 million to efforts in Haiti.

Besides being attractive (still at her age) she really can act very very well. I used to collect movies when my economic outlook was better and have a slew of her movies. Last night I watched two recent movies she did which I had obtained thru Netflix.

All About Steve - is about a young woman Mary who creates crosswords and lives with her parents. She reluctanly agrees to a blind date and finds more than she expected in Steve, who finds Mary to be a bit too eccentric for his tastes. Mary's world is turned upside down and she pursues Steve for a change in her life...

Pros: Although most of Sandra's movies are chick flicks, this is at the very edge of that spectrum being almost a man comedy. It wasn't though. There was a facing life aspect among the comedy that brought me to the brink of teary eyedness. It was full of baudy humor and kept me laughing thru most of the movie.

Cons: I suppose I would have liked a different ending but this wasn't a fairytale...

I'll give it a 8.5 on the G-scale...

The Proposal - is about a high class publishing editor Margaret who is from Canada and is soon to be deported. She cons her assistant into quick marriage plans so she can keep her job in the US.

Pros: This one is definitely a romantic comedy; i.e. A chick flick! Margaret is real life version of a tsundere as she slowly sheds her selfish witchlike facade and developes emotionally. There are plenty of laughs to be had especially when a Hispanic dude is continually showing up everywhere and a few episodes Margaret has with Kevin the Dog...

Cons: I have no complaints about this movie except that the INS Agent was someone that you love to hate...

This one gets an 8.9 on the G-scale...

Check out Sandra Bullock's filmography when you get a chance. You'll be pleasently surprised I'm sure.

- posted via 3G...

No comments: